Last Update: August 20, 2023
Rui Long Lab Inc.
Definition of Terms
- “We” or “our company” is Rui Long Lab Inc.
- “OSS-EC” is an abbreviation for Open Source Software for Electronic Components and refers to the open source software (OSS) for electronic components and related documentation provided on this site.
- “This site” is the OSS-EC site (https://oss-ec.com/).
- “User” refers to the user of this site.
- “Advertisers” are electronic component manufacturers and electronic component trading companies that request advertisements for electronic components on this site.
- The “Service” includes introduction of electronic components on this site, explanation of the OSS-EC, downloading of the OSS-EC, inquiries about the OSS-EC, technical introductions through columns, and communication in forums.
We consider the careful handling of personal information provided by our users to be an extremely important responsibility. We want you to feel confident that your personal information is secure and protected, and we want you to understand how your personal information is used so that we can provide you with a service that better suits your needs. If you do not agree with this policy, please do not use this site.
1. Personal Information Manager
We are responsible for the management of personal information.
2. Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to the Site.
3. Purpose of collecting personal information and its use
The purposes and uses for which this site collects personal information from users are as follows.
- This information will be used to facilitate the smooth use of the Service by the User.
- This information is used to simplify the input of information required when a user registers for an account with the Service.
- The information will be used to respond to user inquiries.
- Used to inform users of OSS-EC Up-date.
- Used to introduce electronic components to users.
- The information will be used for statistics and analysis of this service and to improve this service.
- We will use this information to identify users who have violated the Terms of Service or who are attempting to use the Service for unauthorized or improper purposes, and to refuse such users from using the Service.
- The information will be used to resolve problems in the operation of this service.
4. Types of Personal Information and Collection Methods
Situations in which personal information is collected
- When a user accesses this site allowing cookies, etc. (when collected by tracking technology, etc.)
- When a user registers for an account on this Site.
- When a user makes an inquiry to this site.
- When a user enters comments or other information in the forums or evaluations of this site.
- When a user sends an e-mail directly to our e-mail address.
List of types of personal information and collection methods
|Types of Personal Information||Collection Method|
|user-name||User account registration|
User inquiry registration
|E-mail Address||User account registration|
User inquiry registration
|password||User account registration|
|Inquiry Details||User inquiry registration|
|IP address of the user’s system||Collection by tracking technology|
|Language of the user’s system||Collection by tracking technology|
|Date and time of access to this site||Collection by tracking technology|
|Access page of this site||Collection by tracking technology|
|Files downloaded from this site||Collection by tracking technology|
|Browser type of your system||Collection by tracking technology|
|Internet Service Provider (ISP)||Collection by tracking technology|
|Operating system of user’s system||Collection by tracking technology|
|Platform type of user’s system||Collection by tracking technology|
|Type of device in user’s system||Collection by tracking technology|
|E-mail Header||Collected from user e-mails|
|Source IP Information||Collected from user e-mails|
|Host name of outgoing e-mail server||Collected from user e-mails|
5. What is a cookie?
6. Retention and retention period of users’ personal information
When personal information is no longer needed for its original purpose, we will take steps to erase it from our systems and records or anonymize the information. We will not retain personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as a statutory retention period under applicable law, such as commercial or tax law, or unless we have a legitimate right to retain the information in compliance with applicable law to assert, enforce, or defend a legal claim.
7. Provision of personal information of users to third parties
This site is operated as an advertising site for electronic components. We may provide information, including your personal information, to third parties such as advertisers, service providers, contractors, courts, law enforcement agencies, government agencies, and other public authorities to access and handle your personal information. The information will be provided as necessary to comply with laws and regulations and in accordance with contracts between advertisers, service providers, and the Site’s development contractors.
Advertisers, service providers, and site developers are contractually obligated to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep personal information secure and to handle it in accordance with our instructions.
The purpose of providing personal information to government agencies, courts, law enforcement agencies, and other public authorities is to fulfill our obligations under laws and regulations, including submission and disclosure obligations under the Social Security Act, the Code of Civil Procedure, tax laws, and laws regarding export and import.
8. Privacy when the user is a child
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16 in a manner inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) or the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we will delete this personal information We will delete this personal information as soon as possible.
9. Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and for any reason. Any such changes will be posted in this Policy. If we make material changes, we will notify you by e-mail (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this site before the changes become effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information regarding our privacy practices.
10. Links to third party websites
Portions of this Site may contain links to third party web-sites for your convenience and information. The privacy practices of these third party web-sites may differ from ours. When you access these third-party web-sites, please understand that we do not control the content of those web-sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of each web-site you visit. This Policy does not cover the information practices of those web-sites to which this site links. These other web-sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or request personal information.
11. Consent and withdrawal of consent
Where required by data protection laws or other legislation, we will obtain the consent of the individual prior to processing personal data. Consent and the provision of personal information are based on the individual’s free will. Prior to obtaining consent, we will provide sufficient information about the handling of personal information. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with services on this site if you do not provide us with your personal information.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so at any time with effect from that date by contacting us at the contact information listed in section 16 below. Please note that the validity of the withdrawal of consent does not extend to the legality of the processing prior to the withdrawal.
12. Individual rights
If we process the personal data of a particular person, that person may exercise the rights provided by law.
Both rights can be exercised using the contact information provided in Section 16 below. In addition, the individual may file a complaint with the supervisory authority for the protection of personal data.
Individuals may exercise the following rights against us.
- Right to access the user’s information, etc.
- Right to correct errors in your information.
- Right to request deletion of your information.
- Right to restrict the processing of your information.
- Right to object to the handling of your information.
- Right to data portability.
If we process personal information for direct marketing purposes, individuals have the right to object at any time to the processing of their personal information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling.
13. Protection of personal information
Although we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur, we take care to ensure the security of our users’ personal information during transmission and receipt to prevent unauthorized access. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us using the contact information provided in Section 16 below.
14. Applicable laws
We protect your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws.
15. Data collection and transfer in each country
This site is operated and maintained globally by us. As such, your personal information may be collected and processed by us or our service providers outside the European Union (“EU”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”). The data protection regulations of the relevant country in which personal information is collected or processed may differ from the level of protection afforded by EU/EEA law. However, we will ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with applicable law and the principles set forth herein. By using this site, you consent to the collection and transfer of your personal information outside of the EU/EEA as described herein.
16. Contact us
Rui Long Lab Inc.
2536-3, Mikawacho, Mito City, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan
OSS-EC Privacy Center